Location – London, Manchester
Our client is a growing collection of creative problem solvers focused around the arts and technology whose mission is to help arts organisations be more successful. They are doing this through a combination of cloud-based software and consultative customer support that empowers arts organisations to grow revenue, increase efficiency, and build stronger relationships with audiences. Our client is always looking for new ways to approach problems, share knowledge, and better serve their customers. You would be joining a team of over 120, based across our client’s New York, London and Manchester offices and working with over 500 arts organisations in North America and the UK.
Our client’s mission is to provide arts organisations with the best possible chance of success. They do this by combining cloud-based technology with expert support and training consultancy, helping their clients grow their audiences and increase revenue. They are confident that their company is the most forward-thinking ticketing, marketing and fundraising solution around.
Our client knows that the best software is user-friendly and intuitive, so they have built every bit of their company with usability in mind. Everything in the system is quick to learn and easy to use, whether you’re a Box Office Manager, Marketing Assistant or Fundraising Director. Technology is constantly evolving — to keep up with the pace our client releases daily upgrades so that the 500+ organisations they work with (and their audiences) never have to wait for the newest and most innovative features.
Everything our client does is about making their users’ lives easier, so everyone gets unlimited support and consultancy to get the most out of their company. This ethos is reflected in their service charge – an all-inclusive fee that scales with the size of your business. No upfront costs, no long-term tie-ins and no additional charges.
Our client is looking for a senior software engineer to join their engineering department. To our client, a senior is an engineer who can lead on projects as needed across a wide range of situations and technologies and mentor others in the team as they do so.
Our client’s cloud native approach means using Azure PaaS solutions where possible to deliver value to their clients, who operate their business from our client’s platform. You will be joining a team that builds and runs part of our client’s platform which powers that functionality. Our client’s functionality ranges from ticket sales to reporting, marketing, and CRM functions, which are available from their client portal and via their APIs and Web Components.
The ideal candidate will be practiced in agile delivery, test driven development and refactoring techniques. They will be excited by the challenges of building and operating the web services and infrastructure for a business critical SaaS product serving the entertainment industry.
Skills and attributes
Be able to communicate fluently and teach others the following working practices
• Pair programming
• Agile software delivery practices including Lean and Kanban
• Test Driven Development
• Continuous Integration
• Dependency Injection & Inversion of Control
Have experience building and maintaining web applications in production environments
• Common architectural patterns (e.g. layered, hexagonal, clean)
• Databases (Including concepts like indexes and transactions scopes)
• Performance and monitoring
• Security practices (e.g. understanding of OWASP Top 10)
Be comfortable safely refactoring legacy code
• Be able to work alongside client facing support and product owners to analyse business requirements
• Be keen to learn new technologies and skills
• Be receptive to feedback and be able to give constructive feedback
Experience of our client’s existing tech stack is a bonus but if you are not familiar with these then our client still want to hear from you. You’ll just need to be happy to learn them
• Azure Cloud (DevOps, Compute, Storage, SQL PaaS etc)
Benefits to you
• Flexible working. If it works for you and it works for your team then it works. Different teams may have different practices that require people in the office or online at specific times.
• NHS top up scheme (covering dental, optical, therapy & counselling, prescription and other health related costs)
• Mental Health First Aiders across the business
• Continuous development supported by Line manager, learning budget and 10% time
• Enhanced Maternity, Adoption & Shared Parental Leave
• 25 days paid holiday with flexibility to take bank holidays wherever you choose
• 2 volunteering days per year
• Pension scheme with matched contributions from Spektrix up to 4%
• Office demo, drinks and celebrations every Friday (currently virtual)
• Varied range of regular socials (currently virtual)
• Cycle to work & Season Ticket Loans
Working from home
Our client aims to be as flexible as possible when it comes to working setups and lots of their
team work from home on a regular basis. This means that our client generally work with a “remote first” approach even when they are in the office. Whether you end up working in the office or from home more, you will need a good setup for working from home.
Our client will provide reasonable support and all the hardware you need to get started, but they do require that you have the following already in place:
• A quiet working space at home where you can consistently take video calls without interruptions
• An internet connection that supports your participation in video calls and access to their systems and services
Our client is an equal opportunities employer, they recruit regardless of race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age or disability status and look to employ from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. Studies show that women do not apply for roles unless they meet 100% of the requirements, whereas men apply when they meet at least 60% of the requirements. Our client knows that there is no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. They are committed to creating an inclusive work environment, where their team members are supported in expressing themselves and delivering their best work. So, however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Diversity in the workplace is hugely important to our working environment and to enable both individuals and our client to thrive. By valuing each person’s differences, our client enables each person to contribute their unique experiences, strengths and viewpoints. Workplace diversity is something our client aims to achieve and maintain, and they are pursuing a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities they serve and work in. Our client aims to reflect this diversity in all departments and at all levels of seniority in the business, right up to the board.