Location – Manchester
A Platform Manager will be responsible for a subset of platform products within a specific domain. They will ideally have experience working within large, global, and complex Enterprises and some experience of the service lifecycle from Strategy/Design to Retirement including Continuous Service Improvement. Reporting to a Lead Platform Manager, they will collaborate with other Platform Managers and Technical Platform Managers across their platform products to ensure platforms are available, interoperable and provide an end to end service.
They will work collaboratively with Architects, Engineers and consumers of the Platforms to ensure the products and services meet the needs of the business and provide value.
A Platform Manager will drive consistency and innovation throughout the Platform Management team, promoting the adoption, use and best practices of platform services, and be the primary point of contact for their Platform products.
- Produce a clear and visible roadmap for their Platforms that communicates desired outcomes and goals.
- Gather feedback from clients and product stakeholders to continuously improve the platform products, features and experience.
- Contribute to a platform lifecycle plan that builds in quality assurance whilst being mindful of data protection processes and frameworks (e.g ISO27001 & GDPR).
- Provide input on the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) data for their platforms and advise on metrics for the basis of showback/chargeback.
- Be accountable for ensuring that our client delivers services into operations inline with Information Security Policy Controls Standard and Operations Delivery Processes. Innovate within these standards utilising ITIL, Agile and DevOps practices to their full value.
- Be accountable for ensuring production platforms are operationally reliable, available and secure inline with the Information Security Policy Controls Standard.
- Demonstrate compliance with Information Security Policy Controls Standard and Operations Delivery Processes. Providing necessary evidence to support audit activities as required.
- Providing input to and taking feedback from a Community of Practice and assisting teams in applying it into their specific context.
- Understanding and communicating the benefits and costs of the uses of specific technologies.
- Work directly with other Product teams, LoS and Global IT on implementing good practices.
Skills and attributes
All of our client’s people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support them in delivering their business strategy. This is important to the work that our client does for their business, and their clients. These skills and behaviours make up their global leadership framework. This framework focuses on five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships. They use this framework to recruit, develop and assess their people, at all grades and all areas of their business, because they expect all of their people to be leaders.