Location – London
Our client’s Innovation Incentives team is a highly successful team incorporating engineering and IT specialists who work across a variety of high-profile clients (S&P500, FTSE 100 and 250 multinational companies to fast-growing tech start-ups). The team is growing from strength-to-strength in this exciting field as the government seeks to encourage UK companies to invest in innovation, and therefore make the UK the number one country for Research and Development.
The team helps clients identify projects that go beyond routine software development and enter the remit of being a technological advancement; as these projects could potentially be eligible for tax breaks. Building on the team’s current success, the team are now providing clients with complementary, full innovation lifecycle services, such as patent box and grants.
This offers an exciting opportunity for motivated individuals with a background in IT and/or Software Engineering to join our client’s fast growing and highly successful Innovation Incentives team supporting clients in the Financial Services Sector.
The team are looking for experienced and enthusiastic IT engineers to be part of a growing and dynamic national practice which cover wider industry sectors such as Technology, Media and Telecommunication, and Aerospace and Defence. This role offers significant professional growth opportunity and would suit someone coming from an IT consulting firm or with a strong computer programming background that is looking to widen their skill set including senior level stakeholder management and have broader client exposure.
- Meeting clients’ senior technical staff including CTOs, Technology Directors and Chief Architects in order to develop an understanding of the technical characteristics of the projects undertaken
- Facilitate application of HMRC and BEIS guidelines to identify those R&D projects eligible for tax relief (previous knowledge of the R&D tax regime is not required)
- Writing technical project reports describing the technological objectives, advancements and uncertainties of client projects, to support the R&D claim
- Responsible for high-quality delivery of advice and solutions to major FTSE clients, ensuring management of risk and reputation
- Supporting the business in winning new clients by leveraging industry sector expertise through the preparation and delivery of proposals.
- Producing project budgets and timetables that are efficient and cost effective.
- Leading or working as an effective member of a project team, exhibiting strong communication skills and be able to co-operatively work and create synergies with other team members of different skill sets.
- Willing to proactively develop relationships within the Innovation Incentive team to be known for their technical expertise and offer to support on other engagements, RFPs and strategic team initiatives
Skills and attributes
- Software development / software engineering industry experience, preferably 2+ years
- Ability to pick-up new technologies (e.g. platforms, API’s, frameworks) quickly, and be comfortable in discussing them in-depth
- Desire to understand the latest, cutting edge, technologies used by a variety of businesses
- Strong technical writing skills with the ability to communicate complex technical paradigms to both technical and lay audiences
- Strong communication skills and confidence in speaking, as the role requires holding one-to-one meetings with clients’ technical staff, from developer-level to Chief Technology Officer
- Highly motivated self-starter, with a proven track record in taking initiatives, whilst also having a collaborative and team building attitude
- Previous experience in working in a client-facing role is preferable, but not required as exposure will be provided
Benefits to you
Our client offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Their comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development. You can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, our client offers:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Working with our client, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And they’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help the firm become even better, too. Join them and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.