Location – London
Our client is a trusted business adviser of choice for entrepreneurs, owner-managed businesses, high net worth individuals, professional partnerships and expats. Their success is within their people – with endless opportunities and open-mind approach, our client is a place where you can drive your career and ambitions forward, sharing and promoting their commitment to excellent client experience.
Our client is looking for a US Corporate Junior or Tax Semi-Senior to join their growing Tax team based at their Mayfair office. The role offers variety, autonomy and the opportunity to work with an incredibly broad range of clients.
You will be exposed to full process, from requesting information to completing tax returns and everything in between. Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation of form 5471, 1120, 1120F
- Undertaking technical research
- Requesting and chasing tax information from clients and third parties
- Demonstrating technical knowledge in US tax
- Completing US bank account reporting forms, W8BENs, filing extensions etc.
- Liaising with UK and US tax authorities (HMRC and IRS)
Skills and attributes
Our client takes pride in their employees and their achievements whilst praising and recognising hard work. They are looking for people who embrace the 3 C’s – change, challenge and commitment. Having gained experience in a similar role, you will have completed 1-2 US/UK tax seasons. For the Junior role, background in accounting would be desirable, with keen interest to progress within the US corporate tax. You will be confident in working to a high standard, have excellent communication skills and a flexible approach to your work. Ideally you will also have/be:
- Enrolled Agent/CPA/ATT/CTA/ICAEW/ACCA qualified or part-qualified (desirable). However, study support is offered and encouraged
- Familiar with CCH Pro System and CCH Central tax preparation programs
- Understanding of accounting and taxation software
- Ability to work under pressure with a good ability to prioritise and implement good time management
Benefits to you
Our client will offer you a competitive package, including fully funded study package (including the cost and time off), extensive benefits for you and your family, a comfortable warm and friendly environment with great people and the chance to work with some of the most prestigious clients that no other family-based firm can offer. The firm strongly believes in staff development and continuously encourage internal progression.
Our client is committed to the principle of equality of opportunity in employment and they expect all their employees to act in accordance with this policy, they recognise the key role it plays in the success of their business.