Location – Borehamwood
Our client is a trusted business adviser of choice for entrepreneurs, owner-managed businesses, high net worth individuals, professional partnerships and expats. The firm’s success is within their people – with endless opportunities and open-mind approach, our client is a place where you can drive your career and ambitions forward, sharing and promoting their commitment to excellent client experience.
Our client has an exciting opening for a Mixed / Corporate Tax Senior to be based at their Borehamwood office. The role offers variety, autonomy and the opportunity to work with an incredibly broad range of clients.
You will be preparing and reviewing tax returns, ATED, P11Ds and NRL returns for a portfolio of clients so it is essential you’ll be comfortable in providing full confidentiality, transparency and exceeding expectations whenever possible. Other duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Liaising with the audit team to organise year-end site visits, reporting deadlines and being efficient in the provision of information
- Preparing and submitting accurate and technically correct corporation tax computations and returns
- Reviewing tax computations prepared by the audit and accounts team prior to submission to HMRC
- Liaising with HMRC regarding various issues relating to corporate tax compliance including drafting HMRC responses to enquiries and penalty appeals
- Oversee certificate of residence applications and ensure that treaty claims are correctly completed and authorised by HMRC
- Assist managers and partners with tax advisory projects including EIS and SEIS advance assurance applications, HMRC clearance applications and company valuations
- Prepare personal tax returns for a diverse range of clients including individuals, sole traders, partnerships and trusts
- Prepare various tax forms, including but not limited to P11ds, PSA, and ATEDs and elections for clients where required
- Undertake technical research for clients and tax consultants as required
- Provide assistance to junior members of the team
- Other ad-hoc duties as requested by the Tax Manager
Skills and attributes
Our client takes pride in their employees and their achievements whilst praising and recognising hard work. They are looking for people who embrace the 3 C’s – change, challenge and commitment.
Ideally you will have relevant experience in a similar role, as well as keen eye for detail, teamed with the ability to spot any inaccuracies or duplications and provide resolutions. Efficiency and accuracy are key as well as strong interpersonal skills, effective communication, and the ability to work to tight deadlines. You will also have/be:
- ATT qualified highly desirable
- Previous experience of corporation tax compliance in a medium size practice
- Experience of at least four personal tax seasons
- Solid understanding of tax software
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel and ideally proficient in CCH
- The ability to self-manage and work autonomously
Benefits to you
Our client will offer you a competitive package, including extensive benefits for you and your family, a comfortable warm and friendly environment with great people and the chance to work with some of the most prestigious clients that no other family-based firm can offer. The firm strongly believes in staff development and continuously encourage internal progression.
Our client is committed to the principle of equality of opportunity in employment and they expect all their employees to act in accordance with this policy, they recognise the key role it plays in the success of their business.