Location – London
Our client’s Deals Tax team works closely with their Deals practice to advise on the tax implications of a variety of deals projects, including Real Estate, Infrastructure, Credit, Business Recovery Services and Mergers and Acquisitions. Part of the wider Corporate Tax network, they’re committed to driving collaboration and cross-working across specialities to drive innovation and success as they service clients all over the world.
The role sits within the Real Estate Tax team, the largest specialist team in our client’s global Real Estate network. They work on a wide range of transactions advising investors on the tax implications of the transactions they undertake. Many of the transactions are large scale involving private equity, institutions, pension and sovereign wealth funds, and REITs, often involving advice on cross-border structuring tax implications. For many of their clients the firm offers wider advisory services including those related to the set up and ongoing maintenance of fund and investment platforms, and ultimately on exit strategies.
Our client’s team is fuelled by open and curious minds who are passionate about their work. As part of the team, you’ll experience unparalleled opportunity to develop your career. You’ll work on complex and challenging assignments and gain experience working with prestigious and interesting clients.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing and delivering bespoke tax advice and implications on an ever changing deal portfolio
- Playing a key role in managing and developing relationships with clients and junior members of the team
- Working closely with other Real Estate specialists as well as other parts of the firm in order to best service your client’s needs
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges for clients
- Contributing to the development of your own and the team’s technical acumen and keeping up to date with business and economic issues
- Collaborating with other members of the team on a wide variety of deals
Skills and attributes
- Be a qualified Chartered Accountant (ACCA, ICAEW, ICAS, CAI)
- Evidence of working on Real Estate projects for key clients or a track record of advising on UK corporate tax
- Experience of leading and coaching others
- Experience in building and leveraging internal and external relationships and networks
- Developed communication skills, for example, in negotiating with and influencing others
- Experience of handling and delivering multiple projects to meet deadlines