Location – London
Our client is a trusted business adviser of choice for entrepreneurs, owner-managed businesses, high net worth individuals, professional partnerships and expats. The firm’s success is within their people – with endless opportunities and open-mind approach, our client is a place where you can drive your career and ambitions forward, sharing and promoting their commitment to excellent client experience.
Our client has an exciting opportunity for an experienced US/UK Tax Senior to join their International Tax team based in Mayfair, London. You will have exposure to full process from requesting information to completing tax returns and everything in between. Working with an incredibly broad range of clients you will have the variety, autonomy, and opportunity to really make this role your own.
As part of this role, you will liaise with UK and US Tax Authorities (HMRC and IRS) as well as:
- Prepare US/UK tax returns for a portfolio of private clients
- Communicate with clients to explain positions taken on tax returns, payment instructions, etc
- Completing US bank account reporting forms, W8BENs, filing extensions
- Stay current on technical matters through a variety of media
Skills and attributes
Our client takes pride in their employees and their achievements whilst praising and recognising hard work. They are looking for people who embrace the 3 C’s – change, challenge and commitment. You will have relevant experience in a similar role, covering at least 4 US/UK tax seasons. You will also have previous experience in liaising with the UK and US Tax Authorities, drafting response letters to HMRC enquiries and IRS notices, as well as being able to explain next steps to clients in relation to these. You will be confident in working to a high standard, have excellent communication skills and a flexible approach to your work. Ideally you will also have/be:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (desirable)
- Qualified or Part-Qualified (desirable Enrolled Agent/CPA/ATT/CTA/ICAEW/ACCA). Study support is provided and encouraged
- Solid understanding of accounting and taxation software
- Familiar with CCH ProSystem and CCH Central tax preparation programs
Benefits to you
Our client will offer you a competitive package, including fully funded study package (covering the cost and the time off), extensive benefits for you and your family, a comfortable warm and friendly environment with great people and the chance to work with some of the most prestigious clients that no other family-based firm can offer. The firm strongly believes in staff development and continuously encourage internal progression.
Our client is committed to the principle of equality of opportunity in employment and they expect all their employees to act in accordance with this policy, they recognise the key role it plays in the success of their business.