Location – London
Our client’s partnership and funds tax team acts for a wide range of UK and international alternative investment funds, private equity houses and professional partnerships. The services that they deliver include partnership advisory work, UK fund reporting, deal & fund structuring and fund advisory projects. They work closely with the firm’s Private Client Services team advising principals of private equity ﬁrms and providing both personal tax compliance and advisory work in relation to their aﬀairs. The firm’s international network results in the team undertaking a high proportion of cross border tax services.
Our client is looking for a creative and innovative problem solver who enjoys using a wide variety of technology tools to develop strategic and tactical solutions for our Private Equity Funds tax engagements.
The role is highly varied and requires you to be detail orientated, a great communicator and have excellent technical skills including business analysis, data wrangling, data modelling and programming skills.
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and ambitious individual to join our client’s Funds Tax team. The successful candidate will work as part of their integrated technology team to provide a market leading tax compliance and advisory service to clients. You will work as part of a small, specialised technology group to maintain existing technology tools as well as contribute to the design of new builds. Although you will be positioned in a client facing role within the domain of a private equity tax team, the majority of your time will be dedicated to the continuous improvement of the firm’s technology – which will include the maintenance of existing builds and also the design and development of new and more advanced solutions. Our client is looking for someone who can bridge the gap between a developer and a business consultant. If you have data science or technology experience but also understand the professional services market then we would be thrilled to hear from you.
Your role will be wide ranging and will comprise elements of the following:
- Managing the delivery of client projects
- Developing existing technology features (VBA & Power Query skills preferred but not essential providing that existing/transferrable skills from other technologies can be demonstrated)
- Conceptual design, presentation and documentation of technology solutions
- Ability to translate business requirements into system specifications
Skills and attributes
- Fascinated by technology and automation
- Self-starter, keen to learn new skills and deploy these on client work
- Team player, ability to integrate into new teams quickly
- Excellent communicator and ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical users
- Project management skills, plan and prioritise work, meet deadlines
To qualify for the role you must have
- Advanced Excel skills (VBA, Power Query or Power Pivot)
- Experience in at least one programming language (e.g. Python) or a data package (e.g. Alteryx, Power BI) and be prepared to explain and/or demonstrate your experiences in interview
- Data wrangling and data modelling
- Evidence of solving problems creatively and pragmatically using technology and/or automation
- Great communication, presentation and report writing skills
- An ability to breakdown complex technological concepts and explain these clearly to a standard audience
- Experience working in a tax, private equity or finance domain
- Experience in a business analyst role working with or managing developers would be a bonus
Benefits to you
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: Our client will provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: Our client will give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Our client is committed to being an inclusive employer and is happy to consider flexible working arrangements. They strive to achieve the right balance for their people, enabling them to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.