Location – London
Our client’s Tax team thrives on keeping busy. Friendly, driven and diverse, they service clients across the country and around the world. By providing expertise in many different specialist areas of tax, they collaborate across the firm to deliver wider business solutions. From meeting clients’ evolving business needs to managing changes to legislation, there are always fresh challenges to face in the Tax team. If you’re after a career that will keep you on your toes, our client will give you the autonomy to drive your career forward.
This role will provide Tax compliance, audit of tax and advisory services to a wide range of banking and fintech clients. The primary responsibility will be to deal with all matters relating to the management of a portfolio of banking and fintech clients. As the banking and fintech tax team is a fast growing part of the business a key part of the role requires the individual to actively participate in this growth by seeking new business opportunities arising on new and existing banking and fintech clients.
- Be a stakeholder in the delivery of the Tax strategic framework with regular involvement with tax planning and complex tax issues in conjunction with Partners/Directors.
- Keep the Partner informed and work with the partner to drive new business opportunities arising in the banking and fintech market.
- Develop your own network of contacts internally and externally and starts winning own work and cross selling.
- Be responsible for the review and delivery for the final advice to clients.
- Respond quickly to, as well as anticipate, client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided, and maintaining regular contact with clients.
- Be responsible for coaching and developing junior members of staff.
- Seek innovative solutions to complex challenges.
- Leverage stakeholder relationships to deliver superior results.
- Lead large scale or complex projects within own area of expertise.
Skills and attributes
- An in depth, up to date, knowledge of taxation with specialist knowledge in banking and fintech and the ability to deal with complex tax issues
- Project and staff management experience
- Ability to manage a substantial client portfolio profitably whilst being able to actively seek opportunities for developing new clients and for selling new services to existing clients
- Experience of dealing with client senior management
- Educated to degree level and/or CTA and/or ACA qualified or equivalent
- Demonstrable post qualified experience